Rosemary. What a lovely little piece of heaven. It’s one of my favorite herbs. Did you know that in Latin “Rosemary” means the “dew of the sea”? Apparently rosemary, in various locations, needs no water other than the humidity carried by the sea breeze to survive. How pretty is that? I knew rosemary was romantic. It had to be. Its smell is hypnotizing and its taste is utterly attractive. Every time I buy this herb I know the meal I’ll use it for won’t be disappointing.
I should start growing my own, but honestly, I am a horrible plant keeper (my mother-in-law does, so maybe I should get some from her garden). I kill every plant I get. No joke. The plant I’ve managed to keep alive the longest only lasted 2 weeks. Whatevs. It’s not my strength. Not a big deal.
I had some rosemary left over from my Paleo Rosemary Bread I made the other day, and I wanted to prepare something delightful…something that would excite our taste buds. It had to be healthy and plenty good for us. Sweet Potatoes are always my default; they are hands down my preferred super food. Rosemary Sweet Potatoes it was. Roasted ones. Yum!
Trust me, you won’t want to skip on making these Roasted Rosemary Sweet Potatoes!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3 fresh rosemary branches, chopped
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl, and toss with olive oil, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Place ingredients on a baking sheet and bake for a total of 50 minutes, gently tossing them half way. Serve right away or refrigerate to pair with a future meal.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Large Ziploc Bag
- Baking dish 9x13in