Some of you don’t live in the US and don’t have access to a bunch of fun ingredients I usually use for my recipes. An example of such ingredients: sweet potato chips.
I have received requests to please post a recipe for Paleo Sweet Potato Chips, because if you can’t buy them, then might as well make them yourself! And to be honest, making them may actually end up being cheaper too ;). You just have to make sure they don’t burn, so you’ll have to watch them closely while they are baking in the oven. Another great tip is to use avocado oil; I find that this type of oil makes the chips crunchier and crispier…which are two desired characteristics when it comes to potato chips (especially if you want to use them for dipping).
Hope this recipe helps you guys! Have fun eating them with your favorite dip!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Wash and pat dry sweet potatoes.
- Using a mandolin slicer, slice sweet potatoes into even, thin slices.
- Place sliced sweet potatoes in a Ziploc bag and add avocado oil. Zip bag and shake to coat slices evenly.
- Arrange slices on baking sheets, making sure they don’t overlap. Sprinkle coarse sea salt.
- Bake chips for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a rack and enjoy with favorite dip.
- 2 baking sheets
- Parchment paper
- Large Ziploc bag
- Mandolin Slicer