Let me start by saying…HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE! I know some of you may not celebrate this holiday, since you may not be from the US or live in the US, but for those of you who do, I wish you nothing but a wonderful and joyful day! I highly, highly enjoy Thanksgiving J. What’s not to love? Having more time to sleep in, having family around the house, getting excited for lunch/dinner plans, and thinking of all the yummy food that awaits ahead. I’m smiling big right now.
Today is the last day of my ‘7 Paleo Thanksgiving Recipes’ series, and I’ve decided to feature a colorful salad with nothing but delicious healthy stuff today! My Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Cherries recipe. It’s so yummy. You have no idea how much I’ve enjoyed this dish. I finished the entire recipe by myself in 2-3 days. No joke. Maybe I needed all these healthy nutrients and vitamins? Who knows, but the fact of the matter is, that every time I served myself this dish…I scarfed it down and had to go back for more. It is sweet and crunchy…best of both worlds. Just thinking about this recipe makes me, well, salivate!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, halved and cut into strips
- ½ cup yellow onion, diced
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup sweet cherries, chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare dressing. Melt honey in a small sauce pan, and remove from heat. Whisk in vinegar and olive oil, set aside.
- Place skillet over medium heat, and sauté onions with coconut oil until caramelized. Add in brussels sprouts and cook until tender. Toss in walnuts and cherries, and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour dressing over brussels sprouts, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Medium Skillet
- Small saucepan
I loved eating this salad cold. Don't ask me why, but it tasted extra delicious to me!