On Facebook I created a poll, asking my social community if they’d like to see a Paleo smoothie recipe with good ol’ eggs in it! I got minimal responses and they were all 50-50 (yes and no), so I decided to go ahead and create today’s post featuring my protein smoothie recipe! I think it’s pretty delicious and to me, there is nothing like sharing delicious recipes with you guys! That’s what my blog is for. 😉
A Paleo smoothie with eggs makes for the perfect post-workout drink or for the perfect meal substitute, because not only do you get many needed vitamins and nutrients from fruits and vegetables, but you also get lots of good protein! It’s a complete drink.
You honestly cannot even taste the eggs; the smoothie has so much flavor due to the blueberries, banana, and spices, that the eggs are overpowered. Real, organic eggs are such a better option than any of the protein powders we can buy out there; apart from being an all-natural protein source, they are easy to digest and contain no weird preservatives. If you’re into drinking post-workout shakes or protein drinks for breakfast, you should definitely give this Power-Up Smoothie a try!
If you are currently taking a green supplement, such as spirulina, feel free to add a scoop of it to the smoothie as well. It’ll make it extra green and extra good for you! I recently read an article on spirulina and it’s benefits, and it was truly fascinating to learn how it can benefit the body; the article also gives you a tasty snack idea that not only includes spirulina, but that calls for some raw cacao (yum, my favorite)! If you’re interested, check out the article here!
- 1 ½ cups coconut water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup firmly packed spinach
- 1 medium frozen banana
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Soft boil your eggs (place eggs in a pot and fill with hot tap water, place pot under medium heat and bring to a boil – takes about 2 minutes; once water boils, set timer for six minutes; remove eggs and let cool).
- Once eggs have cooled, add eggs and the rest of your ingredients in blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Pour on your favorite glass and bottoms up!
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Medium pot with lid