My husband and I will be running two half marathons this year, and let me tell you, I am so excited about this! These two half marathons are in different cities in the US, so we’ll get a little getaway with each one. Before our run, we’ll tour around the city and go on fun culinary adventures (visiting different restaurants, which is totally my favorite part). I cannot wait!
We both feel very driven to train and become stronger. We have been doing interval training during the week and long distance running on the weekends. When we do long distance running, we’ll usually run outside. The cool thing is that our city has a ton of trails and paths to run on, so we find it very easy to cover some good mileage.
When I run, I feel so healthy, so energized, and so free. I get more in touch with my own body…I listen to it and rely on its ability to go beyond its limits. It always amazes me how much our bodies do for us; we push, they deliver. We take, they give. Be thankful to your bodies and treat them as sacred temples; always keeping in mind that you only have one!
Today my husband and I ran nine miles and as soon as we got home, we both knew the kitchen was the first place we needed to pay a little visit to. I pulled out some of my favorite Paleo-approved ingredients and created a delicious post-run meal for us to devour. My Simple Paleo Pancakes definitely satisfied our hunger and our cravings. Give them a try, you’ll see for yourself how good these are!
- Add all ingredients to your food processor (except coconut oil) and process until smooth.
- Transfer pancake mixture into your mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place frying pan under medium heat, and add 1-½ tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Once pan is hot, pour two pancake shapes into the pan (about ½ of your pancake mix). Let pancakes fry until they start to bubble and then flip them around very carefully. Let them fry for another minute or so.
- Repeat steps 3 & 4 until pancake mixture is gone.
- Serve pancakes with berries and drizzle with honey/maple syrup.
- You’ll adore the way these taste and the way your house smells after you cook these!
- Food processor
- Frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons