Today is Father’s Day, and I want to wish a happy, happy day to all the wonderful fathers out there — we love you and appreciate you greatly. You are our examples to follow, our teachers, our rocks, our entire family’s pack leaders. You have taught your children to be strong, confident and independent humans from day one. So we celebrate YOU today, not only for all the hard work you’ve put into raising us, but also for how you’ve showered us with love!
(And of course we can’t forget about our Heavenly Father today. He is the PERFECT FATHER and the Father of all nations. He has given us life, guidance and unconditional love from the beginning of time…so how about we celebrate Him all day long? I bet you He will be smiling from Heaven as soon as you think of Him and thank Him for loving us today.)
In my household it is tradition to serve a nice brunch out on the patio every Sunday morning (we get to relax and enjoy delicious food — we love this tradition so much that we tend to wake up extra early on Sundays, totally stoked about the feast we are about to create) and since today is Sunday, AND also Father’s Day, we decided to have an extra special item on the menu: Paleo Pumpkin waffles!
Yes. YUM. You have no idea how incredibly delicious my home smelled while these puppies were baking…and would you believe me when I say that they tasted ten times better than what they smelled? It’s true. They were THAT good!
Be sure to accompany your waffles with uncured bacon, your favorite style of eggs, and lots of maple syrup!
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Mix dry ingredients together (almond meal, unsweetened shredded coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt).
- Mix wet ingredients together (pumpkin puree, eggs, full fat coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract).
- Combine went and dry ingredients together.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Once it’s hot and ready to be used, spray coconut oil spray and add your waffle mixture (recipe yields 4 square waffles, so be sure to divide your mixture accordingly).
- Once your waffle maker beeps and you’re waffles are ready, remove them from the waffle maker and let them cool for about a minute or two.
- Repeat steps 5-6 until mixture is gone.
- Top with your faves and enjoy!
- Waffle maker
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons