Hope everyone’s holiday weekend was a blast and well spent by being with family, eating lots of good food, drinking lots of good drinks, and watching loud and impressive fireworks!
My husband and I spent a very nice and chill morning at home on the 4th of July. Chill and easy mornings are my favorite type of mornings, as they give us a chance to catch up and fully relax. After our chill sesh though, we went out for a run, ate a good brunch and got ready for our afternoon plans. We were invited at in-laws’ for a BBQ, for which I brought my yummy homemade Guacamole (so I guess we also did some grocery shopping that day to get all the fresh ingredients needed for the guac). The BBQ was a good time; we got to see his extended family and family friends, whom we haven’t seen and visited with for a long while. We also got to meet new babies and new puppies; so you can only imagine the level of “adorable” we were surrounded with all day that day!
And, per usual on holidays, I tend to go a little overboard with my healthy-treat intake (nuts, chocolate chips, Paleo baked goods, etc.) — so today, my body is craving lots of fresh vegetables, fruits and good proteins. It’s amazing how our bodies will tell us want they need by what it makes us crave, right? And to honor these healthy cravings, I have made myself a delicious Paleo summer salad today! And guess what? You can have this delicious salad today too, because I am sharing the recipe below. YAY!
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 baby carrots
- ½ peach, cubed
- ¼ cup blueberries
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- 2 tablespoons honey roasted pecans
- 1 grilled chicken breast, sliced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon roasted garlic
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Prep your ingredients ahead of time (wash fruit, cube peaches and avocado, and grill chicken.)
- Place spinach in your mixing bowl, pour Vinaigrette, and cover with lid; give it a good shake, so the vinaigrette evenly coats the spinach.
- Transfer spinach to salad bowl; add in carrots, peaches, blueberries, avocado, honey roasted pecans and chicken.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl using a whisk.
- Set aside.
- Mixing bowls (medium one with a lid, and small one)
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife