These Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bars are such a treat! I made these for my honey on Valentine’s Day, and he absolutely adored them. The plan was to eat a few that day, and then just keep the rest in the freezer for whenever we felt like having a treat in the future. All you need is one or two to completely satisfy a mid-afternoon or post-dinner sweet craving, so keeping them in the freezer is the best option to keep them fresh and allow them to last a long time (about one month).
Since my husband and his buddies surprised my two girl friends and I with a Valentine’s Day triple date night extravaganza at my house, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to take these little treats out of the freezer again and share them with everyone after dinner along with a nice cup of coffee. And of course, since these Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bars are rich, everyone just took one or two and felt completely happy and satisfied (not to mention, we had two other desserts on the table: Coconut Dream Bars and Paleo Chocolate Covered Strawberries).
Enjoy these creamy and delicious dessert bars. They are sure to put a smile on your and your loved ones’ faces.
- 1 cup enjoy life chocolate chips
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk (from a carton)
- 3 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon coarse sea salt (to sprinkle on top)
- Line baking dish with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place saucepan under low heat and add all bottom layer ingredients to it. Allow chocolate to melt completely, but be careful to not let it burn. (I left it on the stove for about 5-7 minutes.) Set aside and let it cool a bit.
- Place top layer ingredients (except sea salt) in a food processor and process until you get a paste-like texture.
- Pour chocolate sauce in the baking dish, distributing it evenly at the bottom.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture on top of the chocolate, and use a knife to slightly swirl the two together. Sprinkle sea salt on top and freeze overnight.
- Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!
- 9x9 inch baking dish
- Parchment paper
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons