It has been FOREVER since my last blog post. I’ve missed you all so much. I’ve been so busy, but it’s still no excuse to not share my recipes with all of you. Bad Mariel. Bad.
Let me tell you what’s been going on in my life…
- My husband and I finally moved into our new place. We bought our new condo around 6 months ago and wanted to remodel a few things, thinking it would only take about 2-3 weeks to get it all ready. Well, as it turns out, we were waaaay off with our calculations. The remodel ended up taking 5 and a half months. The reason being because some of our contractors walked off the job, we were waiting on materials for a long time, and so on and so forth. Lots of crazy stuff went down. We had sold our old house thinking we would get in our new place in no time…wellp, we had to move in with my in-laws for 5 months until the changes to our condo were done. Crazy, crazy times. But our condo is finally done and we’ve moved in (moving was so hard by the way…lots of boxes to carry, furniture to lift, late nights with the hubby screwing furniture together, taking things to donation, selling things we didn’t need…and the list goes on. So, yay…I’m SO glad it’s finally over!)
- I have been drafting a cookbook proposal. I am excited about this one. Nothing is set in stone yet, meaning I have no idea if I’ll get an actual contract with a publishing company or not, but we’ll see! I’m doing my best, so hopefully someone likes my proposal and signs a contract to be my 1st cookbook’s publisher! So sick, right?! Help me pray for this to happen, guys. 😉
- I am currently looking for a full-time job, since I left my job at Hewlett Packard.
So this is where I’m at, guys. I’ve got lots of fun things going on and lot’s of unknowns, which only makes life exciting! I’ll keep you all posted on where this journey, called “life”, takes me. For now, let me leave you with these delicious Banana Coconut Paleo Muffins. They are delish!
- 4 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 5 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ cup maple sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Walnut pieces, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Mix coconut flour, maple sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
- Process bananas in a food processor until they have become liquid. Add in coconut butter, eggs and vanilla and pulse until incorporated. Transfer mixture to bowl with dry ingredients and mix to combine. Divide batter evenly between the 12 muffin liners, top with walnut pieces, and bake for 35 minutes. Let cool a bit and enjoy right away or refrigerate for later consumption for up to 1 week.
- Muffin pan
- Muffin liners (12)
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Ice cream scoop