This banana bread right here is one of my biggest and latest obsessions. I’ll even go as far as saying that it’s the BEST ever paleo banana bread I have ever made (and tried).
It has that perfect bread texture we all crave, it is beautifully moist, it is beyond satisfying, and it is dreamily sweet. Seriously amazing, you guys.
Ever since I baked this beauty, I have been enjoying a slice a day; I’m trying to make it last, as I don’t want to run out just yet! It’s too good not to have around. I’ve been having it with coffee at around 4pm, just when that energy slow-down occurs and when I start getting enormous cravings for a delicious treat. It’s perfect for it. I also had my husband try a slice after he got home from work last night, and he didn’t even leave a crumb behind. That’s when you know it’s good! 😉
I decided to top this banana bread with a delicious chocolate-coconut mixture I have been making a lot of lately (you can say this is another big obsession of mine — I’ve been eating this chocolate-coconut mixture along with fruit, with waffles, or by the spoonful). And do you want to know something really great about this particular chocolate-coconut mix? After you top your banana bread with it and refrigerate the bread for a few hours (3+), the topping hardens and you’ve got yourself something that feels like gourmet “chocolate cake icing”. I am salivating as I am typing this right now. It’s NOMS!
I hope you make this recipe, and I hope you love it as much as I do!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Coconut oil spray
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cacao powder
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Grease a 1 lb bread pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Place all ingredients (except coconut oil spray) in blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour batter into greased bread pan, and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for 2+ hours, as this yields for better slicing.
- Make the chocolate topping: whisk all ingredients in a bowl, and use it to top bread as soon as bread is done cooling.
- 10” bread pan
- High speed blender
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons