Do Paleo people feel the need to have bread once in a while?
YES. Goodness, yes!
At least I do for sure. I love bread. Love its texture, all that you can make with it (sandwiches, french toast, etc.) and how fun it is to eat (think all you can make with toast!).
Bread makes me feel all sorts of happy. Can you tell I have a thing for it? Guilty as charged.
Because of this strong love I have for bread, I am dedicating the next two blog posts solely to it. These recipes won’t be the savory kind, oh noooo…they will be sweet and all kinds of amazing! My bread recipes will actually be based on two of my favorite fruits: blueberries (blueberry bread) and bananas (banana bread)!
Are you excited for these? You should be. I was…a bit too much, in fact! I am almost done eating my two batches of bread, which I just made two days ago. Yikes! They are fan-freakin-tastic! You’ll see. You may want to make two batches of each, that way you can share one and keep the other one all to yourself. Gots to be strategic, you know?
Enjoy this Blueberry Bread recipe; eat it for breakfast, for lunch and/or as a snack. My Banana Bread recipe will be posted soon…so stay tuned!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease two 3 ¼“ mini bread pans with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Mix almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda together in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Whisk eggs, honey, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar in a separate bowl, and pour over dry ingredients. Combine until no lumps remain. Fold in blueberries, and divide the batter into the two mini bread pans. Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Let cool completely and refrigerate for 2+ hours, as this yields for better slicing. Slice each loaf into 6 equal parts.
- 2 mini-bread pans (3 ¼“) --- if you don’t have mini pans (boo!), use 10” bread pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Bread knife (to slice bread)