Let me start by saying that typically, ice-cream is not allowed on the Paleo Diet. As its name suggests, it has “cream”, and cream is dairy. Dairy is not Paleo, therefore bye-bye ice-cream for all of us. Sad day.
Luckily, there are some wonderful Paleo approved ingredients out there than can help us in the kitchen and work little miracles for us. Sometimes these miracles are “ice-cream” miracles. My favorite type of kitchen miracle!
I love how one can get creative and find perfectly suitable substitutes for a lot of American favorites. The Paleo Diet is never boring or limiting, especially when it comes to taste. That is why I am such a huge fan; it’s easy for me to stay on track and eat this way day in and day out.
Let me introduce you to my Paleo Berries ‘n’ Cream Ice-Cream recipe. Berries n’ Cream made healthy. Berries n’ Cream made simple. Berries n’ Cream made easy! Does it get any better than this? Nope, don’t think so.
This Paleo Berries ‘n’ Cream Ice-Cream is:
- All Paleo
Get busy guys, you’ll want to taste this one! Eat it by itself, or add it on top of waffles, cakes, fruits, etc. It’s perfectly light and perfectly delicious!
- ¾ cup fresh ripe raspberries
- ¾ cup fresh ripe strawberries
- 1 can full fat canned coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp RAW honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 medium eggs, whisked
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- Add raspberries and strawberries to a food processor, and process until a berry puree is formed. Set aside.
- Add coconut milk and vanilla extract to a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer, whisking slowly and constantly. Remove from heat once it simmer and allow it to cool completely.
- SLOWLY, and continuously, whisk in whisked eggs to the coconut milk/vanilla mixture. Whisk in lemon juice, honey and salt. Pour into a mixing bowl along with the berry puree, mix until well combined, cover with a plastic wrap and chill overnight.
- Transfer ice-cream mixture to the bowl of an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions. Serve ice cream right away with desired toppings.
- Ice Cream Maker (or Ice-Cream attachment if you have a standing mixer)
- Food processor
- Small saucepan
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoon
- Plastic wrap