I have a couple of “small pleasure” items that make my life more enjoyable. These are things that I could live without – if I had to – but I choose to include them on a daily basis because they make life way sweeter! They bring comfort, smiles, joy, and like holidays, I can look forward to them and get excited for them. It really is all about the simple pleasures in life! The fact that I can even write about these pleasures makes me feel incredibly blessed. God is good. I love Him.
This list I am about to share with you, is my very own “simple-pleasures-in-life” list…they may seem sort of funky to you, but hey, everyone has something that rocks their own boat, right!? 😉 What may seem great to me, may seem silly to you…and vice versa. People have different preferences and personalities, which makes this world so great and keeps things interesting.
Who knows, maybe after you read my list you’ll be inspired to try some of these out and add them to your routine.
Variety is the spice of life…and trying new things is key! I bet you in a month or so I’ll add a couple of new items to my list, I may even delete some!
Let me introduce you to my must-haves-list, in no particular order:
- 32 oz water bottle
- Amino recovery – any flavor (for muscle recovery, and I drink it with my water all the time…so yummy!)
- iPhone (gotta check Instagram, check-in on Facebook, text message my hubby, & get on Whatsapp to communicate with my lovely Ecuadorians)
- K-cups – amazing coffee (when added almond milk…it’s a love affair)
- iMac – worky work material
- Almond flour waffles – PURE JOY!
- iPad – morning news, bible study, awesome kitchen help (recipe e-books)
- Gym bag – containing iPhone, headphones, water bottle, amino recovery, small gym towel, lifting gloves, lifting wrist bands, shaker bottle, protein powder, iPhone armband, wallet, and keys (these are in order of importance!)
- Ouchless hair elastics & bobby pins – gotta keep them bangs from going crazy!
- Wedding band – my favorite must-have. It yells: “I’m taken!” to the whole wide world, and I….well…LOVE my man!
I’ll share with you the secret to my 6th love affair item: Almond and Coconut Waffles!
- 1 ½ cup of Paleo almond flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½-1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of buckwheat RAW honey
- ¼ cup of full fat canned coconut milk
- Prep all your ingredients and plug in your waffle maker.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together (Paleo almond flour, shredded coconut, baking soda, cinnamon and salt)
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together (honey, vanilla extract, coconut milk and eggs)
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Once waffle maker is hot and ready, pour your mixture into waffle maker (should make 4 waffles, so make sure you distribute mixture evenly)
- Let it cook for about 4 minutes (or if you have a waffle maker that beeps when ready, then even better, it’ll let you know when they are done!)
- Waffle maker
- Mixing bowls
- Rubber spatula
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
Slightly modified from PaleOMG.com