Did you know that organic grass-fed beef can help reduce conditions such as asthma and arthritis? Beef contains selenium, which is needed to support antioxidants that reduce various inflammatory conditions. Now isn’t that interesting?
Beef is also a great source of protein, vitamin B12, vitamin B6, phosphorous and iron. Let’s take a deeper look at each:
- Protein will help you build a strong muscular body
- Vitamins B12 and B6 will help you reduce the risk of colon cancer and help regulate your nervous and digestive systems
- Phosphorous helps you keep strong teeth and bones (specially for those of us who workout!)
- Iron helps carry oxygen in the blood to all cells and muscles
All these health benefits make me want to eat beef right away!
On a completely different note…My husband and I just celebrated our “second” one-year wedding anniversary. See, we pretty much had three weddings: courthouse wedding in Boise (just the two of us), Ecuador ceremony and reception (big wedding dress, 6 months of planning and all my Ecuadorian friends and family), and a Boise reception (for the groom’s side of the family and close friends).
Since this is our 1st year of marriage, we have decided to celebrate all of our wedding days. To surprise my husband I cleaned the house, bought a bunch of fresh Paleo ingredients, cooked us a Paleo Diet approved dinner, lit some white candles around the house and opened a bottle of champagne. The recipe below is one of the menu items I served my hubby on our anniversary dinner date. Him and I both devoured these Paleo Beef and Pesto Burgers.
- Cover your baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that the burgers will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- Crack egg in a mixing bowl and whisk.
- Add organic beef, pesto and almond flour. Mix until well incorporated.
- Grab a handful of the mix and form into patties. Place patties each side by side in the middle of your aluminum foil covered baking sheet (see picture below).
- Place in the oven and broil for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven, flip, and broil for another 6 minutes (or until desired doneness is reached).
- Patties are done!
- When you are ready to serve burgers, place your skillet under low heat and heat up ½ cup of Paleo Pesto. Once Paleo Pesto is warm enough, take a spoonful and top each burger with it! You’ll love this! To give my patties an extra kick…I added a bit of Sriracha sauce on top.
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups