I don’t know if you know how amazing coconut is. It’s nature’s gift to us. God’s gift to us!
Coconut oil is fantastic for you. Coconut milk is fantastic for you. Raw coconut meat is fantastic for you. Every aspect of the coconut is great…not to mention its glorious taste!
Let’s take a closer look at this wonderful fruit. I made a list of its major health benefits:
- Coconut contains Lauric Acid, which is fat that is quickly absorbed by our bodies and used as instant energy.
- Coconut is antibacterial, anti-fungal and a great stomach cleanser, helping the body fight any infection.
- Coconut oil is one of the best cooking/baking oils our there; it remains stable during high heat, making the oil retain all of its compositional benefits.
- Coconut can boost thyroid function up to 20%, which helps boost your metabolism and helps the body with natural energy production.
- Coconut has cancer-fighting properties, given by its oils and their ability to fight infection and clean the body’s internal systems.
- Coconut oil improves calcium and magnesium absorption in the body, which in turn helps your bone and dental health.
- Coconut water has astounding properties. Here are three fun facts about nature’s best water:
- It is way more nutritious than whole milk (eww, whole milk!), having less fat and zero cholesterol.
- It can help lower high blood pressure with its high potassium and low sodium content.
- It gives you a great energy boost AND is a fantastic hydrator (all the while, supporting healthy digestion!).
I think you get it. Coconut is great.
I find myself drawn to natural fats lately…specifically coconuts and avocadoes. There is so much you can do with these two. Anywhere from making lotions and lip balm, to baking wondrous creations! I love that! Thank you Mother Nature, you have been incredibly generous.
Today was Coconut Appreciation Day at my house and I decided to bake me some Simple Coconut Bread. I was stoked. Try it and share your thoughts in the comments below.
I ate my slices with raw avocadoes on top and a pinch of sea salt. Beautiful and simple.
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 6 cage-free organic eggs (whisked)
- ½ cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup full fat canned coconut milk (must be canned and full fat!) -- mix the coconut milk really, really well before using it!
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Coconut oil spray
- 1-2 tablespoons RAW honey (optional - makes a sweeter bread)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray brad pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients (coconut flour, baking soda and sea salt) together in a mixing bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients (eggs, coconut oil, coconut milk and honey) together in a mixing bowl.
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients. Mix well. Mixture will look a bit dry, but don’t worry…it should be this way!
- Pour mixture into your bread pan and bake for 45 minutes (or until you do the knife-test and it comes out clean).
- Let cool for 30min to 1hr. Slice (add avocado slices and sea salt…like I did!) and eat up!
- 10" bread pan
- 2 mixing bowls
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons