I have to share with you my new treat-secret! A treat so yummy and so healthy that you could have it everyday if you wanted to! Did I mention that it’s made in THREE minutes?
I don’t know about you, but there have been plenty of times when I get hungry and I devour anything that is readily available, it doesn’t matter what it is. This happens to me frequently, specially when I skip a meal and don’t stick to my “eat-every-2-to-3-hours” rule. When I go hungry, there is no force on earth that can stop my appetite. In times like these, it is awesome to have a satisfying snack that will keep me on track, calm my cravings and prevent me from eating things I really shouldn’t (like candy, ice-cream, etc.). For me, it’s ideal to be able to prepare a snack with ingredients I already have at home and to be able to put it together quickly. Well, guess what? I have found the perfect solution…the perfect healthy snack.
You will love this recipe! My 3-minute protein mug cake is nice and moist, and you can top it with any healthy Paleo topping of your choice; possibilities are endless. I used Sunbutter, but you could use any nut butter, any seed butter, coconut butter or even fruit compote. Try this 3 Minute Mug Protein Cake and let me know what you topped it with!
Tools You’ll Need:
- 1 16-20oz. coffee cup
- 2 mixing bowls
- Whisker and Spatula
- Small plate
- 1 egg white (actual egg, not from the carton)
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein
- 1/4 cup organic raw pumpkin
- 1/8 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Sunbutter (no sugar added) *you can always add more!
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl, using your whisker, mix them together (whey protein powder, baking powder and cinnamon).
- Place all wet ingredients in a mixing bowl, using your spatula, mix them together (raw pumpkin, almond milk and eggs).
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Place mixture in your 16oz coffee cup.
- Place in the microwave and heat up for 3 minutes.
- Take out your small cake from your coffee cup and place on your small plate.
- Cut your cake in half, add Sunbutter between the layers and assemble the layers back on top of each other (see pictures below). Voila! Now, you’ve got yourself a fun layered 3 minute protein cake!
* Makes 1 serving
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 272 calories; 10.8g fat; 10.7g carbohydrates; 35.5g protein.