At my household we eat guacamole like it’s going out of style, having it two to three times a week. This is a lot of guacamole, considering our portion consists of a full Molcajete (shared between two people). Usually my husband ends up eating a little more than me, so that‘s a good thing I guess .
This is what our Guacamole-time looks like:
Once the Guacamole is prepared, we sit at our favorite spot in the house, grabbing a bunch of napkins (things get messy) and bringing two plates of chips along with us. We have two different plates of chips for two reasons: one, my husband doesn’t like the Taro chips I eat, he favors his sweet potato chips…and two, we like having our own portion of chips so we know exactly how many chips we end up eating in one sitting. There have been times when we have finished two entire bags of veggie chips, which is about 900 calories per person (without counting the guacamole!). So anyway, we sit down, get comfortable, make sure we both have a beverage and start digging in. Our eyes are set on one place only, and that is inside the Molcajete; our attention at the time is devoted 100% to this great snack. It takes us about three minutes to finish the entire thing…and by the end, we both try to win the last few bites.
Those three minutes are three minutes well spent; not only are our taste buds in heaven, but we both talk about our plans, goals and our next steps in life. I love how sharing food also means sharing good conversations, ones that play a key role into defining who we will become. It is during our Guacamole-time when Preston and I discuss the goals we want to accomplish, both long and short term, and what we need to do to get there. Guacamole-time is good time!
I try to switch up our Guacamole recipes to keep it interesting. I came up with this one yesterday:
Tools You’ll Need:
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Citrus juicer
- Small spoon
- 1 ½ large ripe avocados (I got mine at CostCo)
- 4 strips of uncured bacon (cooked and cut into small pieces)
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper with seeds
- 5 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ diced purple onion
- Juice of ½ lime
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
* Makes 4 servings
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 199 calories; 17.9g fat; 8.3g carbohydrates; 3.7g protein
- Prep all your ingredients (dice and cut).
- Add avocados and lime to your Molcajete. Smash them together until they become like a paste.
- Add onions, jalapeno pepper and bacon. Using a spoon, mix them together until incorporated.
- Add cherry tomatoes and mix.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper.
Eat with your preferred veggie chips (we had Taro chips…so delish!)
Trackback from your site.