At my household we eat guacamole like it’s going out of style, having it two to three times a week. This is a lot of guacamole, considering our portion consists of a full Molcajete (shared between two people). Usually my husband ends up eating a little more than me, and that right there helps me feel a little better. 😉
Once our Guacamole is prepared, we sit at our favorite spot in the house, grabbing a bunch of napkins (as things can get real messy) and bringing two plates of chips along with us. We have two different plates of chips for two reasons: one, my husband doesn’t like the Taro chips I eat, he favors his sweet potato chips…and two, we like having our own portion of chips so we know exactly how many chips we end up eating in one sitting.
So we sit down, get comfortable and we dig in. Our eyes are set on one place only, and that is inside the Molcajete; our attention at the time is devoted 100% to this great snack. It is THAT good. It takes us about five minutes to finish the entire thing…and by the end, we both try to win the last few bites.
Those five minutes are five minutes well spent; not only are our taste buds in heaven, but we both talk about our plans, goals and our next steps in life. I love how sharing food also means sharing good conversations, ones that play a key role into defining who we will become. It is during our Guacamole-time when Preston and I discuss the goals we want to accomplish, both long and short term, and what we need to do to get there.
Guacamole-time is good time.
Enjoy this Bacon Guacamole recipe, let’s see if you can finish it in more than five minutes!
- 1 ½ large ripe avocados
- 4 strips of uncured bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 1 finely diced jalapeno pepper with seeds (if you want more spice, use a serrano pepper)
- 5 cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ¼ diced purple onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Juice of ½ lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add avocados and lime to your Molcajete. Smash them together until they become like a paste.
- Add onions, garlic, pepper and bacon, and use a spoon to mix them together until incorporated.
- Add cherry tomatoes and mix.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Citrus juicer
- Small spoon
Eat with your preferred veggie chips (we had Taro chips…so delish!)