Paleo Breakfast. Yum! In my opinion, there is nothing better than breakfast foods. I love the weekends because my honey and I get to go on breakfast/brunch dates and order all sorts of yummy goodies (usually Paleo approved…but sometimes I do splurge a little and get myself a menu item that is not so Paleo…shh!).
It’s such a wonderful time; we’ll order coffee and get some good hours of conversation in.
Currently, we are hooked on breakfast potatoes. They are filled with delicious spices and roasted to perfection. We’ll always get those along with any order. Sadly, the breakfast potatoes we get are not sweet potatoes…making them a non-Paleo item. Being picky and loving to figure recipes out the “Paleo way”, I decided to nail a breakfast sweet potato recipe (I added other menu items to the recipe as well, because breakfast potatoes are even better when accompanied by other foods). Check it out and tell me what you think!
Tools You’ll Need:
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Mixing bowl
- Large Zip Lock Bag
- Baking dish 9x13in
- Wooden spoon
- Microwavable bacon dish
- Paper towels
Breakfast Potatoes – Ingredients:
- 3 medium size sweet potatoes
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Mediterranean Spice
- 1 tablespoon Montreal Steak Spice
Breakfast Potatoes – Steps:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and cube (1 ½ inch pieces) your sweet potatoes.
- Grab your large zip lock bag and place sweet potatoes in, adding olive oil and spices.
- Close your bag and shake it a bit, making sure all ingredients mix well.
- Place ingredients in your baking dish and place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Once 25 minutes have gone by, remove from oven and using a spatula gently toss potatoes. Place in the oven and bake for another 25 minutes.
* Serves 6 portions of “breakfast potatoes”
*Nutritional information (per serving): 94 calories; 6g fat; 12g carbohydrates; 0.1g protein.
Breakfast Sides - Ingredients:
- 4 egg whites (from real eggs, not carton eggs)
- 4 strips uncured bacon
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Coconut oil spray
Breakfast Sides -Steps:
- Grab your microwavable bacon dish and cover it with paper towels (so they soak in the bacon fat) and place 4 strips of bacon on it. Cover bacon with another paper towel and microwave for about 3 minutes. [Feel free to prepare your bacon the way you like it. I cook mine in the microwave, because it’s fast and easy to clean]
- While bacon is cooking, you’ll prepare your eggs. Spray skillet with coconut oil and place under medium-low heat.
- Once skillet is hot, add in eggs.
- Using your wooden spoon, slowly stir in egg whites for about 2-3 minutes (or until the eggs have reached your desired consistency). Add sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Place eggs, bacon and breakfast potatoes in a plate. Enjoy them along with a cup of joe and good conversations!
* Serves 1 portion of “breakfast sides”
* Nutritional information (per serving): 344 calories; 34g fat; 12g carbohydrates; 24g protein.