Apple Mustard Beef Paleo Burgers! One of my favorites!
Yesterday was a special day for Amazing Paleo. Why, you may ask? Well, it had its very first guest writer! It was such an honor to have the beautiful Jillian Beck share her story and her Paleo recipes with all of us. What a treat (literally and figuratively)! She is a very inspirational woman. If you haven’t read her story yet, don’t miss out and be sure to read yesterday’s 2-way salmon post!
On a completely different note, the weather in Boise is changing drastically; yesterday, Mother Nature gave us gray skies and heavy rain over here. When this happens, one is forced to adapt to the change…even in little things, such as with our eating habits. No more iced coffees, cold treats, BBQs, picnics or fresh summer fruits…instead we welcome indoor cooking, warm dishes, and hot tea and coffee. Today I didn’t necessarily want to welcome the colder weather (food wise) at all. I felt like having a little more of summer. I am pretty stubborn and when I crave something, I find a way to get it. In this case, I was craving grilled burgers and I wanted them bad! The weather was chilly, so there was no way I’d actually BBQ…however, the oven’s broiler worked just as well! I gave my burgers a twist (adding apples to them!) and broiled away.
Tools You’ll Need:
- 2 baking sheets
- Aluminum foil
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons
- 1 lb. of organic beef
- 1 apple (shredded)
- ¼ purple onion (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Cover your baking sheets with aluminum foil.
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that the patties will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- In your mixing bowl, add in shredded apple, minced purple onion and spices (ground mustard, black pepper and sea salt). Mix thoroughly.
- Add in egg and beef to the mix. Combine until well incorporated.
- Use your hands to create 8 thin and wide patties with the mix. Place 4 patties per baking sheet, aligning them vertically in the middle (see photo below).
- Place baking sheet (1 at a time) in the oven and broil for 7 minutes.
- Once 7 minutes have passed, turn patties around carefully and broil for another 5-6 minutes. Make sure you keep an eye on your burgers; you don’t want them to burn!
- Repeat steps 6-7 using the 2nd baking sheet (with the last 4 patties).
- Voila! Eat with roasted veggies and be merry!
* Makes 8 patties/servings
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 111 calories; 5.3g fat; 3.7g carbohydrates; 11.6g protein.
Trackback from your site.