I adore all things pumpkin and all things sweet during the fall. When I combine the two, it feels like my mouth is having a party. I find so much comfort in knowing cold and gloomy weather can be dealt with a simple treat. That’s all it takes for me, a yummy food item to take my mind off of a cruel Mother Nature move. They call comfort foods “comfort” for a reason, right?
And you know what else I find great? To be able to prepare these treats on my own, on the spot, without having the need to go out and buy them at the nearest coffee shop or restaurant. I love being able to quickly put things together, with ingredients readily available. Here is a tasty Paleo Pumpkin Smoothie recipe for you, easy to make and, well…comfort-full 😉
- ½ cup pure organic pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (+ a bit extra more to sprinkle on top)
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup (or more…depending on how smoothie-like you like your drink) of ice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-4 packets of Stevia Extract (or preferred sweetener)
- Plug in your blender and blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth smoothie ;).
- Pour in a glass and top with Paleo Whip (see instructions below) and a bit of cinnamon.
- Place mixing bowl and can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once coconut milk and bowl have been chilling for 24 hours, open can and pour milk and stevia into the cold bowl. Using your hand mixer, mix these two ingredients together (for around 25 seconds).
- Add in vanilla extract and mix for another 25 seconds.
- Whipp is complete!
- Use Whipp right away, or store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for later use.
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
Tools You’ll Need for Whipp:
- Hand mixer
- Cold mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons