I adore all things pumpkin and all things sweet during the fall. When I combine the two, it feels like my mouth is having a party. I find so much comfort in knowing cold and gloomy weather can be dealt with a simple treat. That’s all it takes for me, a yummy food item to take my mind off of a cruel Mother Nature move. They call comfort foods “comfort” for a reason, right?
And you know what else I find great? To be able to prepare these treats on my own, on the spot, without having the need to go out and buy them at the nearest coffee shop or restaurant. I love being able to quickly put things together, with ingredients readily available. Here is a tasty Paleo Pumpkin Smoothie with Whipped Cream recipe for you, easy to make and, well…comfort-full 😉
- ½ cup pure organic pumpkin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon (+ a bit extra more to sprinkle on top)
- ⅛ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ½ cup (or more…depending on how smoothie-like you like your drink) of ice
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 5 tablespoons organic powdered sugar
- Plug in your blender and blend all ingredients together until you get a smooth smoothie ;).
- Pour in a glass and top with Paleo Whip (see instructions below) and a bit of cinnamon.
- Place mixing bowl and can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once coconut milk and bowl have been chilling for 24 hours, carefully remove the coconut milk from the fridge so you don’t disrupt the separation. Scoop off the cream that has risen to the top and place it in a chilled bowl.
- Beat the cream on high until peaks form, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar at a time, while the beaters are still going.
- I like to place the bowl of whipped cream in the fridge for 15-20 minutes and then beat it again right before serving it.
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
Tools You’ll Need for Whipp:
- Hand mixer
- Cold mixing bowl
- Measuring spoons