Welcome to the second day of Amazing Paleo BREADS!
Today we have a lovely banana bread recipe for you to try. It’s a total winner.
My full loaf of banana bread is almost gone, but boy do I have great plans for the slices we have left! I am planning on using my very last slices to make Paleo Banana Bread French toast! Doesn’t that just sound incredible? I think so. Sunday brunch cannot come soon enough.
Everyone in their right mind loves some sweet banana bread, so I just thought that using almond flour and adding a touch of almond extract would be a lovely twist to this national acclaimed treat.
The beauty of this particular recipe is that it does not have flour (of course it doesn’t, its Paleo!) which makes it a gluten-free type of bread. I’ve chosen to substitute the usual wheat flour with nuts, so that every bite can provide you with added nutrition!
Delicious and nutritious…a total win-win situation. Give this Nutty Banana recipe a try. Your family and friends will love you for it!
Tools You’ll Need:
- 10” bread pan
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- 2 mixing bowls
- Bread knife (to slice bread)
- 3 old bananas (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon RAW honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 eggs (whisked; include yolk)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray bread pan with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients together well: almond flour, baking soda and sea salt.
- Mix wet ingredients together well: bananas, honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; make sure these are well incorporated.
- Pour batter into bread pan. Bake for 50 minutes (or until it passes the toothpick test).
- Let bread cool. Once cooled, cover it with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Slice into 8 parts, and enjoy every nutritious bite!
* Makes 8 slices
* Nutritional Information (per slice): 319 calories; 23g fat; 15 g carbohydrates; 10g protein.