My mother has a recipe for a killer non-Paleo carrot cake. She’ll bake it for most social gatherings she goes to, taking it as a gift (she is so sweet and generous – love you, mom). That carrot cake is her signature dessert. Everyone always raves about it. People will have second servings every time, because it is oh-so-good. I haven’t had it in years, but oh boy do I wish she could make some for me right now.
Well, my mother in-law has a signature recipe herself. Hers is a savory recipe, but equally delicious. She takes it to family functions as well, and it is gone in no time. Her recipe is a chicken & curry salad with green grapes!
I’ve asked my mother-in-law for permission to use her recipe for my blog; she said “absolutely!” How generous of her to share it with us!
I’ve made her recipe Paleo friendly, by substituting two ingredients: mayonnaise and sugar (mayonnaise was subbed with my Paleo Mayo and sugar was subbed with honey).
This Chicken Curry Salad is sweet, crunchy, full of good protein and deliciously tangy.
Tools You’ll Need:
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Baking pan
- Aluminum foil
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Wooden spoon
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups green grapes
- 1/3 cup Paleo Mayo
- 1 heaping tablespoon curry powder
- 2 heaping tablespoons honey (or more!)
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Cover your baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that the chicken will be about 2 inches from the heat.
- Rinse your chicken breasts and cut off any excess fat.
- Place chicken breasts side by side on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle sea salt and pepper, to taste. Place chicken in oven and broil for 14 minutes.
- Carefully flip each chicken breast, and place back in oven for it to continue to broil for another 14 minutes.
- Once chicken cools off, grab your sharp knife and cut all four chicken breasts into small squares.
- Place chicken, grapes, and slivered almonds in your mixing bowl; using your wooden spoon, mix them together.
- In a separate bowl, mix your Paleo Mayo, honey and curry powder. Once combined, add it to your chicken, grapes and almond mix.
- Eat right away or store in the refrigerator.
* Serves 8.
* Nutritional Information (per serving): 220 calories; 13g fat; 14g carbohydrates; 13g protein.