Autumn. What a wonderful way to follow summer.
Summer’s no doubt my favorite time of the year. What’s not to love? People out and about enjoying long walks, going to the park, eating ice cream, going swimming, eating out at restaurants with patio seating, wearing cute little shorts and dresses. Goodness, it doesn’t get any better than that. I ADORE summer time. But all good things must come to an end; otherwise, we wouldn’t really appreciate them and enjoy them as much, right?
It’s definitely a very positive thing that as soon as summer ends, an awesome new season starts! Fall. An almost enchanting time, where green leaves take beautiful orange and red colors, illuminating our sidewalks and painting pretty landscape pictures. It is so peaceful, so beautiful.
In order to welcome this wonderful new season, I’ve decided to create a hearty soup that will warm your hearts and bring you joy. I think you’ll like it!
Let me introduce you to my homemade Paleo Crockpot Turkey and Pumpkin Chili. Enjoy it. Savor it. It is oh-so good!
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ cups green onions, chopped
- 2 15oz can organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 ½ tablespoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 2 cups filtered water
- Avocado, diced (as a topping)
- Prep all of your ingredients ahead of time.
- Place ground turkey in your cooking pan and, using your wooden spoon, help break the ground turkey. Add in ¼ cup of filtered water and cover the pan with lid. Place pan under medium heat and cook until meat is no longer pink (around 8-10 minutes). Be sure to stir the turkey around to prevent it from burning.
- Add cooked turkey to crockpot. Then, in the following order, add: remaining filtered water, garlic, red onion, green onion, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, maple syrup, and spices. Mix ingredients well and cover crockpot with lid.
- Plug in your crockpot and set it to cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- Serve chili and it top with diced avocados. Such an AMAZING meal to kick-start our soon-to-come autumn season!
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Can opener
- Wooden spoon
- Cooking pan with a lid