These Paleo Chocolate Chip Waffles are fan-tastic! Your entire family will fall in love with these, so why don’t you surprise them with some yummy almond flour based waffles one of these mornings? These waffles will make for an extra special morning that will start everybody’s day right!
It’s so fun to make recipes that go with the season too, as one gets extra excited for what is to come. The smell of warm waffles with a hint of cocoa and cinnamon is sure to put you in the mood for some holiday fun! During these colder months, nothing beats a warm breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of maple syrup! It’s rich, filling and healthy. They are seriously two thumbs up, you guys! Gotta try ’em.
And to bump up the fun a notch, have your kids help you make these; they can add in the chocolate chips or help you mix the ingredients together. They’ll feel a part of the process and will be excited to eat these yummies once they’re done. It’s a great bonding activity for the family.
Now…who is excited for the holidays? I know I am!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- Prep all your ingredients and plug in your waffle maker.
- Mix all of your dry ingredients together (almond flour, cacao powder, shredded coconut, baking soda, cinnamon and salt)
- Mix all of your wet ingredients together (maple syrup, vanilla extract, coconut milk and eggs)
- Combine both wet and dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips to the mix.
- Once waffle maker is hot and ready, pour your mixture into waffle maker (should make 4 waffles, so make sure you distribute mixture evenly)
- Let it cook for about 4 minutes (or if you have a waffle maker that beeps when ready, then even better, it’ll let you know when they are done!)
- Enjoy for breakfast, dessert or as a fun afternoon snack!
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Waffle maker