These Paleo Chocolate Chip Waffles are fan-tastic! Your entire family will fall in love with these, so why don’t you surprise them with some yummy almond flour based waffles one of these mornings? These waffles will make for an extra special morning that will start everybody’s day right!
It’s so fun to make recipes that go with the season too, as one gets extra excited for what is to come. The smell of warm waffles with a hint of cocoa and cinnamon is sure to put you in the mood for some holiday fun! During these colder months, nothing beats a warm breakfast with fresh fruit and lots of maple syrup! It’s rich, filling and healthy. They are seriously two thumbs up, you guys! Gotta try ’em.
And to bump up the fun a notch, have your kids help you make these; they can add in the chocolate chips or help you mix the ingredients together. They’ll feel a part of the process and will be excited to eat these yummies once they’re done. It’s a great bonding activity for the family.
Now…who is excited for the holidays? I know I am!
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup full fat canned coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, cacao powder, shredded coconut, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, coconut milk, vanilla extract and maple syrup; pour over dry ingredients, and mix until no lumps remain. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Cook per waffle maker instructions. Batter should yield 4 waffles, so divide accordingly.
- Serve right away with favorite toppings, or refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Waffle maker