This week has been a good week for chocolate. I have been craving it like crazy and eating it like crazy. Chocolate is SO GOOD. I wish I didn’t like it so much. But I do. It’s one of my guilty pleasures and I am sure a lot of people are with me on that one. Chocolate is very versatile as one can make so many different types of desserts and treats with this wonderful ingredient.
My last blog post featured a chocolate treat (Chocolate Chip Waffles) and today I will also be featuring a recipe that carries this succulent ingredient. I’ve decided to bake some really lovely Paleo Dark Chocolate Coconut Muffins and share them with the Paleo world. These little guys are great, because they are the perfect treat-size, easy to carry, fun to eat and look extremely cute in your kitchen (making them a great party food item)!
My favorite part about these is that they have a hint of coconut, as they have shredded coconut in them and are also topped with coconut flakes, which get toasted in the oven as the muffins are baking. They are a true delight you guys! You better get your bake on, have some friends over and enjoy these with a nice cup of tea!
Have a great weekend!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 medjool dates (pitted)
- Unsweetened coconut flakes (to top muffins with)
- Slivered almonds (to top muffins with)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place muffin liners in muffin pan and set aside.
- Plug in your food processor and add medjool dates, eggs, honey, avocado oil and vanilla extract. Pulse until smooth.
- In your mixing bowl add dry ingredients and mix them together (almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, sea salt, cocoa powder and shredded coconut).
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix these together well.
- Using a tablespoon (or an ice cream scoop – like I did!) distribute your mixture evenly on the 9 muffin liners.
- Top each muffin with coconut flakes and almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and let cool before eating. Enjoy!
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners (x9)