This week has been a good week for chocolate. I have been craving it like crazy and eating it like crazy. Chocolate is SO GOOD. I wish I didn’t like it so much. But I do. It’s one of my guilty pleasures and I am sure a lot of people are with me on that one. Chocolate is very versatile as one can make so many different types of desserts and treats with this wonderful ingredient.
My last blog post featured a chocolate treat (Chocolate Chip Waffles) and today I will also be featuring a recipe that carries this succulent ingredient. I’ve decided to bake some really lovely Paleo Dark Chocolate Coconut Muffins and share them with the Paleo world. These little guys are great, because they are the perfect treat-size, easy to carry, fun to eat and look extremely cute in your kitchen (making them a great party food item)!
My favorite part about these is that they have a hint of coconut, as they have shredded coconut in them and are also topped with coconut flakes, which get toasted in the oven as the muffins are baking. They are a true delight you guys! You better get your bake on, have some friends over and enjoy these with a nice cup of tea!
Have a great weekend!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 3 tbsp arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅓ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 medjool dates, pitted
- Unsweetened coconut flakes, to top
- Slivered almonds, to top
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line a muffin pan with muffin liners and set aside.
- Mix almond flour, arrowroot powder, baking soda, sea salt, cocoa powder and shredded coconut in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a food processor, process dates, eggs, honey, avocado oil and vanilla extract until smooth. Pour over bowl with dry ingredients, and mix until no lumps remain.
- Distribute batter evenly between 9 muffin liners, top each with coconut flakes and slivered almonds, and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool a bit and enjoy right away or refrigerate for later consumption for up to 1 week.
- Food processor
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Cupcake pan
- Cupcake liners (x9)