I cannot believe it has taken me this long to post my filet mignon recipe. This recipe is a staple in my home, one of my favorite things to cook and eat. It is super easy to make, which is why I love cooking it, and it’s restaurant-quality delicious, which is why me and my hubby love eating it so much.
The way filet mignons smell after being grilled hypnotizes me. And that filet mignon taste…oh its taste! It’s overpowering. It completely takes over my senses and rocks my world. I cannot tell you enough how much I love a good filet.
When this particular filet is served at our dinner table, I seriously feel like my husband and I transform into wolves, and all we can think about is devouring that piece of delicious meat sitting in front of us. We don’t talk much, we allow our senses to take over (starting with smell), and then we consume impatiently.
If you’re anything like me, and love to treat yourself with a good steak, make this recipe. You will not regret it!
- 3 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup raspberries
- ½ cup blackberries
- ½ cup carrots, chopped
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Red Wine Vinegar
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sea salt, to taste
- 2 filet mignons (you choose the size)
- 1 tablespoon garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Santa Maria Seasoning
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a bowl and whisk vigorously until emulsified. Set aside.
- Add spinach, raspberries, blackberries, carrots and sunflower seeds to a salad bowl. Drizzle vinaigrette on top and toss to coat.
- Season both sides of filets with olive oil and seasoning.
- Turn grill on high, including the searing station, and wait for it to reach a high temperature.
- Grab each filet carefully with tongs and place them over the searing station. Close the grill and let it sear for 3 minutes. Turn each filet carefully, and sear the other side for 3 minutes.
- Once each side has seared for 3 minutes, turn middle knob + searing station off, and allow filets to cook for 6 more minutes.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately. Best steak you will ever have.
- Grilling supplies
- Salad bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons