Turkey Thai Lettuce Wraps. They’re such a cute and fun way to eat your protein and your veggies! I absolutely love how much flavor is packed in every bite, and how many different textures can be experienced from all of the fun ingredients that are used.
They are super versatile too, as they can make for a colorful appetizer, an awesome healthy lunch or a satisfying light dinner. Recipes like these are great to have in your recipe arsenal (or pinned on Instagram for later use), because if you know that your kids, husband or friends really enjoy these, you know you can prepare some for them in a jiffy whether it’s noon, 4pm or 8pm. It’ll be easy peasy for you and delicious for them!
Just yesterday I was devouring two of these yummies, in between lunch and dinner, to keep me from going hangry (as I try to avoid that “beast” at all cost, haha) and to get an extra push of energy to finish up some work I still had to do. They totally hit the spot and accomplished their goal, keeping me completely satisfied and energized. Love these delicious little bundles of joy!
- 1 lb. ground turkey (I used lean turkey)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ¼ chopped white onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head of butter lettuce, washed and pat dried
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup lightly chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup chopped roasted and salted cashews
- ¼ cup diced avocado
- Lemon wedges
- Peanut sauce (store bought or homemade paleo peanut sauce)
- Place frying pan under medium heat and add coconut oil. Once pan is hot and coconut oil has melted, add in onions and garlic, and cook until translucent.
- Add in ground turkey and use your wooden spoon to break it down and help it cook. After 2-3 minutes of cooking, add in spices (cumin, cayenne pepper, sea salt and black pepper), stir and let cook for another 3 minutes. Cover frying pan, bring heat to medium-low and allow it to cook for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grab a large butter lettuce leaf and add the following ingredients in your preferred order: ground turkey, cabbage and carrots.
- Sprinkle some cashew pieces, add some cilantro and avocado, squeeze a bit of fresh lime on top and drizzle some peanut sauce. Enjoy!
- Frying pan with lid
- Wooden spoon or spatula
- Cutting board and knife
- Measuring spoons