I’ve been obsessed with this Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding lately, and I’ve been making it on repeat. They are the perfect snack to have whenever I need a quick pick-me-up or something on the go. I’ll prepare enough mixture for a batch of eight chia puddings, put them in the fridge overnight, and then, just like that…I have delicious and healthy snacks to eat whenever or to bring with me wherever. Easy peasy!
An awesome thing about these particular chia puddings is that one of the ingredients is vanilla protein powder, so they have a great amount of protein in them! Each serving (one eight ounce mason jar) has twelve and a half grams of protein. Therefore, if you eat two, you get twenty five grams of protein! SCORE. A snack that truly feeds you.
My Protein Powder of Choice
My husband and I have been using Clutch Protein Powder for the last six months, so this is the protein that my little chia puddings carry. I am a freaking FAN of this supplement. It is the cleanest protein powder I’ve been able to find thus far; it also tastes great, mixes wonderfully, and never ever ever hurts my stomach or makes me bloated.
Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding Toppings
Adding a few berries and bananas to your Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding will add some great flavor and texture to your snack. My current favorite berries are blueberries and raspberries, so I’ve been adding a ton of those in (plus banana slices!). Add whatever fruits you love, as this Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding recipe goes well with most!
Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding Shelf Life
This Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding recipe will remain fresh in your refrigerator for about three days, so make sure you eat them no later than by the third day. If you don’t think you can eat the eight puddings this recipe yields, then divide the recipe by half or by a quarter, so that nothing goes to waste.
Hope you all enjoy your Vanilla Protein Chia Pudding as much as we do at home!! XO
- 4 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 12 tablespoons chia seeds
- 4 tablespoons creamy peanut butter (or any nut butter you like!)
- ¼ cup honey (optional)
- 4 cups unsweetened carton coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Banana slices and berries, to top
- Add coconut milk, vanilla protein powder, honey, peanut butter, and vanilla extract to a high-speed blender, and blond on high until smooth.
- Divide mixture into your eight mason jars evenly, and add in 2 tablespoons of chia seeds into each jar. Use a spoon to incorporate the chia seeds with the mixture. Seal jars and shake each one well, before placing them in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate overnight. (Give mason jars a nice shake, 45 minutes after refrigeration, to make sure chia seeds don’t sink to the bottom and are able to mix thoroughly -- you can do this a few times to ensure proper blending. If chia seeds are being stubborn, open up jar and use a spoon to mix).
- In another mason jar, or small bowl, layer the chia seeds with your topping of choice. I had mine with bananas and blueberries. Enjoy!