My husband returned home from his brother’s bachelor party last night, and he was craving a healthy, tasty, homemade meal that had a good balance of essential macros (protein, carbs and fats). He told me that he ate way too many empty carbs this weekend, so his body was probably craving foods that would nourish his body.
I wasn’t really prepared (ingredient wise) to put together a fancy-schmancy meal last night, so I figured, a nice omelette will have to do! I had a bunch of eggs and I had a few leftover Crispy Purple Sweet Potatoes, so those two ingredients gave me a colorful idea for his dish! I just needed to add a few more ingredients here and there, but I knew I would have a killer omelette for him…and one he would adore!
Preston loved it so much, that I had to recreate it for me this morning after my workout. I just had to try it and see what the fuzz was all about.
And, boy am I glad I did! It was AMAZING. One of my favorite healthy egg recipes so far.
This Egg White and Sweet Potato Omelette is SUPER easy and convenient to make, and it’s packed with wonderful nutrients that will nourish your body! If you’re looking for a new recipe for breakfast or brunch (or really, for any time of the day), this post was meant for you!
- 4 egg whites (from real eggs, not from a carton)
- 1 cup Crispy Purple Sweet Potatoes
- ¼ avocado, cubed
- Sea salt (to taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Cilantro (to garnish)
- Coconut oil spray
- Place pan under medium heat, and add coconut oil spray.
- Once hot, add in potatoes and let them brown a bit.
- Reduce heat to low, add in egg whites and cover pan with a lid. Let eggs cook for about 5 minutes.
- Use a spatula to fold your omelette in half. Cover pan with lid and cook for about 2 more minutes or until desired doneness has been reached.
- Season to taste and top omelette with cubed avocado and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
- Frying pan with lid