I have a fun recipe for you guys today; a delicious Strawberry Dream Healthy Bowl!
Since it’s springtime, and the weather is warming up fast, I have been cooling off and quenching my thirst with these fun frozen fruit bowls. I can’t seem to get enough! Whole Foods has all sorts of wonderful displays of fresh berries and tropical fruits right now, so it really seems as if everything around me is directing me towards having a Healthy Bowl! Yum!
These healthy treats require lots of yummy frozen fruits in order to be created, so be sure to keep enough frozen fruits in your freezer to allow for these treats to quickly be put together whenever your body is craving one. If you’re like me, and you’re serious about your Healthy Bowls (since you love them and cannot get enough of them), here are a few tips for you:
- Buy in bulk so you don’t have to go to the grocery store every day or every two days (bulk buying usually means discounted product too!)
- Wash fruits (that require washing) thoroughly to avoid consuming any bacteria.
- Freeze fruit (immediately after washing) in tight lid containers or Ziploc baggies.
- Make sure all bananas you freeze are spotty and brown (as these make for sweeter Healthy Bowls — I ONLY use spotty bananas!)
- Be sure to keep a few fun fresh fruits available to use as toppings (berries, grapes, kiwis, mangoes, peaches, etc.)
- Be sure to keep your pantry stocked with a great variety of nuts, seeds, honey and dairy free chocolate chips to use as toppings (it’s a good idea to switch toppings up and make each Healthy Bowl different — remember, variety is the spice of life!)
- 2 organic bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup organic frozen strawberries
- Toppings: fresh grapes, kiwi slices and almonds
- Add bananas and strawberries to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add toppings. Enjoy right away.
- Food Processor