This is what I had for lunch today. So light, refreshing and filling.
I have a deep love and respect for avocados; I usually will incorporate them as much as I can on a daily basis. I use them in my salads, smoothies, with my eggs, with tuna, eat them by themselves…on everything and with everything. They are packed with healthy fats, essential amino acids, Vitamins C & E, and other wonderful minerals. This fruit is fantastic for your heart health and digestive system; it also protects you from inflammation. It’s a win-win in every aspect!
Too bad they are so expensive; otherwise, I would probably buy a case every week!
A few years ago, my mom and I went to the Zoo near the city where I used to live in Ecuador, and by the Zoo’s parking lot there was a lady selling a bunch of avocados in a tent. She was selling twelve (large!) avocados for ONE dollar. One! Can you believe it? Sooner than immediately my mom and I purchased those twelve babies and took them home. We made guacamole for the family and loved every minute of eating it. There you have it…my little avocado story.
Enjoy this Stuffed Avocados recipe. You’ll love how quick you can put it together. Also, the presentation will “wow” your family and guests for sure, so serve it as an appetizer before dinner!
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 large avocado
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ⅓ serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- ¼- ½ tsp sea salt
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- Add tuna, lime juice, mayo, pepper, red onion, sea salt and garlic powder to a bowl and mix well.
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Fill each avocado half with tuna mixture and enjoy.
- Note: If you have leftover tuna mixture, enjoy it by the spoonful or add it to another avocado half.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Can opener
- Citrus Squeezer
- Mixing bowl
- Mixing spoon / Small spatula