Lately I’ve been really fond of protein. I think it’s because I highly appreciate all the healthy fats different meats have offered me on the last couple of weeks. When you’re working out ever day (high intensity workouts), working on marketing projects, and cleaning and cooking a bunch, you get energy drained. Carbohydrates are our body’s preferred source of energy, and since I’ve completely cut those out of my diet (except for sweet potatoes), my body heavily relies on fats. Healthy fats.
Oh how I love fats and appreciate them. Animal fats, fats from nuts, fats from fruits…I consider all of these great treats. Yum yum.
And you know what? There is just something wonderful about a juicy burger, full of great vitamins and fats. Nothing beats it; especially after a workout when your body needs to replenish and recover muscle.
Since I was on this burger craze, I decided to make some; but I wanted to add a kick to it. I looked around my kitchen to see what ingredient was gonna do the trick…suddenly I spotted a big and green bundle of cilantro I had carefully picked out at the store the other day. It was the perfect burger-addition I was looking for.
I grabbed some onions, spices, grass fed ground beef and started my creation.
As soon as the burgers were done broiling, I inhaled two immediately. Somehow I controlled myself enough to save the rest for dinner. I really wanted to share my culinary experience with my husband. He HAD to taste this juicy cilantro beef burgers! Believe me, he did. In fact, I almost didn’t have any dinner left for me…I had to stop him from eating my portion! I’m most definitely adding these cilantro burgers to the Lewis’ favorites.
- 1 bundle of cilantro
- 1 lb. grass fed ground beef
- 2 eggs
- ¼ yellow onion
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ cup of almond flour (homemade recipe here!)
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Set broiler on high, arranging rack so that the burgers will be about two inches from the heat.
- Rinse and finely chop your cilantro. Place in mixing bowl.
- Chop your onion and garlic clove. Place in mixing bowl.
- Place ground beef in mixing bowl.
- Crack eggs and place them in mixing bowl.
- Add almond flour, sea salt, and pepper to the same mixing bowl.
- Using your hands, mix all those ingredients together. Make sure no spices are left out at the bottom of the bowl.
- Make patties (palm size) with the mix and place them on a single line right in the middle of the baking sheet. See picture below.
- Place baking sheet on the oven rack and let broil for 8 minutes.
- Flip burgers and let broil for another 8 minutes or less. Just be sure you don’t let your patties burn!
- Done! You can enjoy now. I couldn’t stop eating them. So good!
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Mixing Bowl
- Cutting Board