I have a recipe that I think you’ll really enjoy! This Paleo Thai Chicken Pad See Ew is from Louise at PaleoMagazine.com, and it’s one of the recipes in The Essential Paleo Cookbook, which I encourage you to check out. The recipe Louise is sharing with us today is healthy, tasty and colorful…everything you want food to be. Bon appetit!
Pad see ew (AKA chicken and broccoli stir-fried with flat rice noodles) is one of my favorite Thai dishes, and it’s on the menu at most Thai restaurants.
However, while I’m sometimes OK eating white rice and rice noodles when traveling (white rice is often considered a clean starch), it’s still something I try to avoid when at home. That’s why this recipe uses easy cucumber noodles instead.
If you’re also a Thai fan (or just a noodle fan in general), then I know you’ll be very pleased with this recipe. It’s very easy and very delicious…
Step 1: Break the broccoli up into small florets.
Step 2: Cut the chicken breast into small, thin pieces.
Step 3: Grate the ginger, mince the garlic, chop up the green onions, and chop up the cilantro.
Step 4: Place the coconut oil into a sauté pan.
Step 5: Add in the chicken and the green onions and sauté.
Step 6: Add in the broccoli, ginger, and tamari sauce, and then place a lid over the sauté pan and let the broccoli cook on medium heat until it’s tender to your liking (approx. 5-10 minutes).
Step 7: Use a potato peeler to create strands of long cucumber noodles. Divide the cucumber noodles between 2 plates.
Step 8: Add to the sauté pan the minced garlic, cilantro, and salt to taste. Divide and serve on top of the cucumber noodles.
- 1 chicken breast (0.5 lb. or 250 g), cut into small, thin pieces
- ¼ cup (0.6 oz. or 17 g) green onion, diced (scallions)
- 1 cup (4 oz. or 115 g) broccoli florets, broken into small florets
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) tamari sauce (use coconut aminos for AIP)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) coconut oil to cook in
- 1 cucumber, peeled into long noodles using a potato peeler
- Salt to taste
- Add 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil into a large sauté pan, and sauté the chicken breast and green onions in it.
- Add in the broccoli, ginger, and tamari sauce. Place a lid over the pan and let the broccoli cook on medium heat until it’s tender to your liking (approx. 5-10 minutes). Stir regularly.
- Meanwhile, peel the cucumber and then create the cucumber noodles by using a potato peeler to peel the cucumber into long, wide strands. Divide the cucumber noodles between two plates.
- Add to the sauté pan the minced garlic, cilantro, and salt to taste. Serve on top of the cucumber noodles.