The flavors, textures and nutrition of this Paleo Mexican Chicken Salad are, no joke, EPIC. Hence the name. I sort of like to be straightforward with my recipe naming. 💁🏻♀️😂
The first time I made this salad at home and took a bite, my eyes opened wide and I kid you not, I chewed extra quickly to be able to get that second bite in. You know…I had to double check and make sure this gloriousness was actually real, real.
During those chewing moments, my mind blocked out every sense, other than my sense of taste, so that I could focus on that insane taste bud experience. It was truly a “wow” food moment for me.
Immediately after finishing those first bites, I knew I had to re-make the recipe, video it, photograph it and upload it on the blog for you all to have. I felt like it was my duty to share it with you. It’s kind of a crime to keep good things like these a secret.
So here I am, proud and excited to share this delicious recipe with you!
I mean, just look at it:
Dang, those colors and textures. If I were to be a salad, I’d chose to be exactly this one.
Because when Mother Nature gives you such a crazy array of sizes and colors and textures, why would we ever chose just a few?
Especially when they mix so well together.
I am not usually one to boast, but I feel like I have reeeeally outdone myself with this recipe. It’s probably one of my best Paleo salad recipes ever, and I think that you should make it for you and your favorite humans. Because our favorite humans deserve the best.
And this is the best. ❤️
Go out grocery shopping, get the juiciest cherry tomatoes, a few good ripe avocados, some gorgeous leafy greens and get on salad making. Turn up some funky tunes at home, open the windows to let that fresh Spring air in, and have FUN with it. The way home-cooking is meant to be. And then, when all is said and done, slow down, open a nice bottle of wine and sit to enjoy a peaceful and well deserved meal that is to nourish you and bring you joy.
This Epic Paleo Mexican Chicken Salad is:
- Healthy and nutritious
- Packed with the most amazing flavors
- Gluten free and dairy free
- Easy to make
- Fresh tasting
- Heart warming in every possible way
CHECK OUT MY VIDEO FOR EPIC PALEO MEXICAN CHICKEN SALAD:
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Prep the Paleo Cilantro Dressing.
- Prep the chicken: Place the chicken in a bowl and add in the oil and the spices. Toss to coat the chicken evenly and chill in the fridge for about 1-2 hours to marinate. Place cast iron skillet over medium/high heat and add olive oil. Once hot, add in chicken carefully and cook for about 6 minutes. Turn chicken and cook for another 5-6 minutes until done. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: Assemble greens on a large salad bowl, add in olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Massage to coat, as this will soften the greens and take away the bitterness. Add in green onions, tomatoes, pico, avocado and chicken. Drizzle Paleo Cilantro Dressing to taste and eat up!