Don’t you just love quality Summertime (or Springtime) BBQ?
I know I do! I am a sucker for all things grilled.
I mean, seriously, don’t these Paleo Chicken Skewers look heavenly? Even if I’m not hungry, I’d pick one of these babies up and devour it along with a nice dipping sauce (my personal favorite right now:plain ol’ mustard…go figure).
Grilled protein is so flavorful and so satisfying, and I think there is something very primal about that. We are meant to eat meat. Animal protein is what helps us feel full, what gives us energy, what helps us build muscle, what helps us recover after strenuous physical activity, and what satisfies our taste buds to the max. Gotta love it.
So today, I am sharing with you one of my favorite ways to consume grilled protein this Spring. I know you and your family will love this recipe. It is super easy to make and totally delicious. Enjoy!
- 6 chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1” pieces
- 3 tbsp grape seed oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Add chicken and vegetables in a bowl and coat with oil and spices.
- Stick chicken, bell peppers and onion alternately on skewers.
- Turn grill on high. Once hot add skewers in and cook each side for about 14 minutes, turning them once. Serve right away.
- 12 metal skewers
- Mixing bowls
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Measuring spoons