These Paleo Chocolate Covered Cookies though. Magic!
They are extra perfect for this time of year: when Christmas cookie exchange parties happen, when hot chocolate and tea need a companion by the fireplace, and when Santa visits at night. The recipe is coming to you just in the nick of time.
We can buy cookies anywhere, at any store, and find all sorts of varieties. But healthy and good-for-us cookies are real hard to come by.
Even in places like LA, where there are health conscious cafes at every corner. Cookies are still made with refined sugar and or some kind of sprinkle/frosting that is probably not too great for us. Okay, maybe in LA we can find some good ones, but for those of us who don’t live there, it’s tough to find good goodies.
What’s the solution? We make our own!
Now, if you’re not a baker, or aren’t too familiar with the kitchen, do not despair. These cookies are easy to make and will not give you a hard time at all.
You’ll need simple ingredients, an oven, a baking sheet, parchment paper and a willing heart. ❤️
These Paleo Chocolate Covered Cookies are:
- Grain free
- Gluten free
- Dairy free
I would adore to see your little creations!
- 4 cups fine nut flour (cashew or almond)
- 6-8 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of pink salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ - ½ dairy-free milk
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 flax seed “eggs” (whisk 2 tbsp ground flax seed w 5 tbsp water, let sit until thick)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients until well combined. Mix in oil, vanilla extract and flax seed eggs. Slowly add in dairy-free milk, you want the dough to reach a sticky consistency — use as little as a ¼ cup or as much as a ½ cup of the milk for this.
- Form about 15 cookies with the dough, placing them on the lined baking sheet as you go. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in a double broiler. Dip cooled off cookies in chocolate, place them on the lined baking sheet, and sprinkle crushed pistachios, crushed freeze-dried berries and unsweetened shredded coconut. Enjoy right away or store in a tight-lid container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Mixing bowl
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper