These Nutella Collagen Bliss Balls are going to knock your socks off. They are LITERALLY the best treat my husband and I have tried, and we have tried many. We finished all eleven of them (recipe yields eleven bliss balls) in a matter of three days, and we tried hard to make them last. Trust me when I say that it was challenging not to binge eat these.
Because they are made with cacao powder and hazelnuts, they taste just like Nutella or like those decadent Ferrero Rocher chocolates that you get once in a while as a stocking stuffer for Christmas. And if you’ve tried either of these, you know the taste is magical. Pure chocolatey bliss. Hence the naming of these balls: bliss balls. You. Will. LOVE. These.
These magical little bliss balls are also made with collagen peptides (which are a total miracle worker for your hair, skin, nails, joins and bones), cashew butter, cashew flour, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon. See, awesome ingredients make awesome products. Therefore, these little balls are just that: awesome.
We enjoyed most of them by themselves, along with a nice cold glass of non-dairy milk or coffee, but a few we added as a topping to our fave post-dinner healthy bowls. Which obviously took them to the next level and boosted their richness up a notch. We like rich treats though, so we were happy campers with this fabulous bliss ball addition. They are not too big, kind of like the size of a ping-pong ball, so nothing we couldn’t handle!
These Nutella Collagen Bliss Balls are:
- Beautifying (because of the collagen)
- Easy to make
- Fun to eat
And guess what? For the roasted hazelnuts this recipe calls for, I shared an awesome homemade roasted hazelnut recipe yesterday that I think you should definitely use. Your roasted hazelnuts will taste a lot fresher this way, and they end up being cheaper too. Win-win, wouldn’t you say?
So go ahead and roast those hazelnuts, and then hop on this bliss ball making and eating train. They are the perfect snack for when you’re needing a little afternoon sum’-sum’! Gotta get that 4 o’clock energy somewhere, right? So might as well get it from something that is THIS good.
- ¾ cup favorite organic nut butter (I used cashew butter)
- ⅓ cup cashew flour
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted hazelnuts
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- Place cashew butter, honey, and vanilla extract to food processor, and process until all ingredients have mixed well.
- Add cashew flour, raw cacao powder, collagen and cinnamon, and process for about 15 seconds or until well combined.
- Use a spatula to scrape down the sides and process for a few more seconds to mix all.
- Add in hazelnuts and pulse a few times to get them all mixed in
- Roll batter into ping pong sized balls and place them on a plate. Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- While the balls chill, mix the chocolate “dust” on a small plate: combine 1 scoop of collagen with 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder. Roll each ball in this dust mixture and refrigerate the balls for 1 hour prior to consumption. Enjoy!
- Food processor
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Large plate
- Small plate
* Keep Hazelnut Collagen Bliss Balls refrigerated until consumption.