These Greek Hummus Wraps remind me of last summer. They bring me SO MUCH JOY!
That’s why I decided to make them again this week…because of the joy they bring…knowing, of course, that it’s still not picnic season nor time to stay goodbye to warm cozy foods.
These Greek Hummus Wraps are so flavorful and bring back so many awesome summer memories, that I just had to bring them into my life ASAP. I am pretty much surrounding myself with all the things that I love and elicit warm-and-cozy feelings inside, to distract my mind from all the COVID19 updates. I want to stay as positive and as happy as I can.
And don’t these just scream happy?!
Just look at them. Little packets of color and flavor! YAS. My kind of food.
The recipe comes together quick, and you can really customize it according to your wrap preferences and protein preferences.
So if you are vegan, vegetarian, paleo, gluten-free, etc…you’ll be able to enjoy this wrap no matter what! The recipe section below will guide and tell you to modify according to your needs. Easy peasy.
I have also listed and linked some of my favorite wrap ingredients in the recipe section, including the tortillas I prefer to use.
Alright, so let’s talk preparation and assembly!
First, I determine what kind of protein I am using for my wraps. Then, I cook it or get it ready for use. For my wraps this week, I went with crispy tofu, so I cooked my tofu about an hour before I started on the rest. I wanted to get my protein ready and out of the way.
Second, I prepare the vinaigrette. This is an easy step; you just throw all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and transfer it to a jar with a lid. You can refrigerate it until you’re ready to use it, which means you can make it a day or two ahead of time to stave time.
Third, I peel and chop my veggies and add them to a large bowl. Then I add the entire jar of vinaigrette to the bowl and toss it all together to combine.
Four, I lay out all the needed components of the wrap (aluminum foil squares, tortillas, protein, veggie filling with vinaigrette, feta cheese, salt and pepper) on a clean countertop to have them ready for assembly.
Step 1: Clear your counter, you want to have a flat and clean surface for this.
Step 2: Lay each of the six tortillas on top of individual aluminum foil squares. I like to do this, because it makes them way easier to store and eat.
Step 3: Layer your wrap contents on the bottom half of the tortilla, lengthwise. I like to layer them in the following order: hummus, veggie filling, protein of choice, cheese (if using).
Step 4: Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the wrap contents, and pull the wrap contents back toward the bottom third of the tortilla.
Step 5: Then, make two folds on either side of the large fold. All the good stuff is contained nice and snug inside the fold.
Step 6: Roll it up, and as you go, use the tips of your fingers to tuck and press the filling into a tight cylinder.
Step 8: Use the aluminum foil to wrap your Greek Hummus Wraps. This will 1.) keep them in place, and 2.) help you store them neatly in your refrigerator until you’re ready to enjoy.
I hope you LOVE these Greek Hummus Wraps! They are:
& Seriously joyous
These wraps would make for the perfect weekday lunch or meal on-the-go. Kids, adults, friends, family…everyone will love and devour them!
If you’re into fast and tasty wrap meals, be sure to check out my:
If you try this Greek Hummus Wrap recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #amazingpaleo on Instagram so I can see your wrap creations!
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp coarse kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1½ cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ¼ - ⅓ cup pitted kalamata olives, diced
- ¼ cup pepperoncinis
- ¼ packed cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 packet of extra firm tofu, or
- 1 packet of turkey pepperonis, or
- 1.5 lbs chicken thighs, or
- No protein
- Feta or mozzarella cheese, as desired
- Add all vinaigrette ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Transfer to tight lid container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine all veggie filling ingredients in a large bowl and give it a good mix. Pour vinaigrette and toss to coat. You can cover it and refrigerate it while you prepare the rest.
- Chose one of the options (tofu, chicken, turkey pepperonis).
- For the tofu: Press tofu with tofu press for 20 mins. Cut into small squares and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sauté each side for 5 mins in cast iron skillet with olive oil. Transfer skillet to oven, bake at 375 for 15 mins. Let cool.
- For the turkey pepperonis: remove from packet and slice pepperonis in half.
- For the chicken: Follow instructions on this blog post on how to cook the chicken.
- For no protein: simply plan on adding extra hummus and veggie filling to your wrap.
- Clear your counter, you want to have a flat and clean surface for this.
- Lay each of the six tortillas on top of individual aluminum foil squares. I like to do this, because it makes them way easier to store and eat.
- Layer your wrap contents on the bottom half of the tortilla, lengthwise. I like to layer them in the following order: hummus, veggie filling, protein of choice, cheese (if using).
- Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the wrap contents, and pull the wrap contents back toward the bottom third of the tortilla.
- Then, make two folds on either side of the large fold. All the good stuff is contained nice and snug inside the fold.
- Roll it up, and as you go, use the tips of your fingers to tuck and press the filling into a tight cylinder.
- Use the aluminum foil to wrap your Greek Hummus Wraps. This will 1.) keep them in place, and 2.) help you store them neatly in your refrigerator until you're ready to enjoy.